Teach for India Program was launched the year 2009 with an aim to ensure one day all children will attain an excellent education. A project of Teach To Lead is a nationwide movement where in India’s meritorious college graduates and young professionals work as full time teachers in municipal and low-income schools for two years. It can be considered as the same model that Thermax supports to improve the quality of education. These academically bright and outstanding college graduate and professionals tries to improve quality of the existing education system while dealing with the everyday challenges every now and then.
On successful completion of 2 years, the young leaders are then inducted into Teach For India’s Alumni Movement. The fellows stay connected to each other as they work hard towards Teach For India’s mission via the Alumni network.
In the present time Teach For India is working in 7 cities – Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru. There are around 1200 Fellows and 1100 Alumni who are working hard day and night to eliminate educational inequity prevailing in India.
How can one Apply for Teach for India Fellowship?
- Candidates interested in the fellowship program have to apply Online at the official website.
- Candidates also have to submit an essay explaining as to why they consider themselves a strong candidate for the Teach for India fellowship.
- There is no Application Fees
Why one should join Teach for India?
Where else you will get a chance to make a real difference in tackling one of India’s most pressing challenges — educational inequity. The Fellowship program will let you enhance your leadership skills that are very difficult to gain in global work environment. Be a part of the solution and a change agent in the society.
- The fellowship program is open to Indian Nationals and Indian Origin residing all over the globe. The candidate can be Undergraduate student/Professionals
- There is No Age Limit
- Candidate should have fluency over English as they will be placed in English Medium Schools and they will have to teach and attend training sessions conducted in English.
What does Teach for India Fellowship will give as a Reward?
- Salary: The selected candidates will receive a salary of Rs. 17,500 per month
- Housing Allowance: If in case the students got placed away from their home town they will be offered housing rent allowance ranging from Rs.5,500 to 8,300 as per the city.
- Candidates will also be paid allowance for school supplies
Which standard will the candidate be teaching and what will be the medium of instruction?
The fellows have to teach the students of Class 2 to Class 10. All the major subjects including English, Social Studies, Mathematics and Science are to be taught. English will be the medium of teaching. But for communicating with the students, knowledge of their mother tongue is necessary not mandatory.
What all options are open to the Fellow on completion of Fellowship?
The alumni’s of Teach for India fellowship are spread all across the nation and in foreign countries. They are placed in jobs ranging from consulting to education startups. As students they have seeked admissions in some of the top Universities like Harvard, Chicago Booth, Cornell, Tata Institute of Social Sciences and Columbia.
You can watch the Super Sexy Actress Sunny leone bikini Pics and Watch Sexy Collection of Alia Bhatt Bikini Wallpapers
Teach For India also has close ties up with HDFC, the Thermax Group, Godrej Industries, Ernst & Young Harvard Business School, Columbia Law School, IIM Bangalore, Tata Consultancy Services and ISB, McKinsey & Company among many others.