A plethora of government exams are in the queue to be conducted this year. You are required to know the exam syllabus, cut off or expected marks to clear them. Afterwards, find out which of these have topics you already know. Choose the exam that you will be able to perform excellent in, after selecting start preparing. Well, setting a goal and accomplishing it is not the same thing. It demands rigorous hard work and unwavering will power to reach the goal. Moreover, it is essential to start preparing early, as it will help you demolish your weak areas. You should invest at least three months to prepare for any government exam.
The most sought after exam in India is SSC CGL. The Staff Selection Commission of India conducts this exam to recruit capable personnel to various ministries and departments of government. Cracking this exam will offer you a designated job along with various privileges. The SSC CGL 2021 exam is postponed due to ebullition of coronavirus. This has given sufficient time to students for preparation of exams. To crack the government exams with flying colours, you need to ace every section. It is because you need to clear the cut-off of every section to qualify every government exam.
Here are some helpful tips for section wise preparation of government exams:
- Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude is one of the most complex sections as it involves heavy calculations. You may know how to solve more questions but because of time boundation you may not be able to attempt all of them. Thus, preparation for this section involves excessive hard work. To give you best guidance, we have presented some useful tips:
- First of all, clear your basics. In case you are unaware of basic concepts and fundamentals, attempting this section may become tough.
- As we know, no calculators are allowed in the examination hall. You need to enhance your calculation speed along with accuracy. Try to learn shortcuts to beef up your speed.
- When you learn every important formula, then you’ll need not spend much time recalling them while attempting the exam.
- Analyze the syllabus of this section and figure out hard and easy topics. It will help you work on your weaker areas.
- Reasoning Ability
The section of reasoning ability assesses the intellect of candidates. You need to have good common sense to crack this section. Hence, it is one of the most crucial sections with respect to government exams. Given below are some effective tips to become proficient in this section:
- The majority of questions in this section are from seating arrangements and puzzles. To solve the puzzles in less time, read it carefully and try not to do the guesswork. Practice as many puzzles as you can to enhance your speed. When you start attempting this section, start with puzzles.
- When you start with this section, don’t waste your time on a single question.
- To solve the data sufficiency, never rely on assumptions. Read the questions carefully then mark the correct answer.
- Some topics like blood relations, coding-decoding, order & ranking, direction test etc. will not consume too much time to solve.
For aspirants of SSC, reasoning ability is the most essential section. Are you also preparing for the SSC exams? If yes, approach a leading institute that caters valuable SSC coaching in Chandigarh.
- English Language.
This is the most scoring section of every government exam. To become pro in this section, candidates need to read an english newspaper daily. Doing this will help you brush up your grammatical skills. Moreover, most of the time comprehension is picked from many newspaper articles.
You need to polish following concepts to ace this section:
- Conjunction rules.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Active and Passive voice.
In addition to this, you need to make your vocabulary strong by learning new words. Learn at least ten new words daily. You can choose to watch english news channels or listen to english podcasts to magnify your english language. There are various mobile phone apps that can help you become adept in this section.
- General Awareness
General awareness is the common part of every government exam. Improving it will help you score a good number in the exam. General awareness includes current affairs and static G.K. In static G.K. You need to have knowledge of Countries and it;s capital, National Animals and birds, Names of Ministers, Name of States and Union territory etc. Basically, Static G.k. involves all such topics that never change. When talking about current affairs, you should be aware of what’s happening in your surroundings at present. Moreover, Get all the latest information regarding any amendments in the laws, any specific happening in the world etc. Read a newspaper or follow a reliable news channel to improve this section.
- Practice Mock tests
Solving mock tests is a true and tested method to ace government exam preparation. Practicing mock tests will help you scrutinize your performance for further improvement. Additionally, it will aid in increasing your speed and accuracy of solving questions in the exam. While solving mock tests, you’ll be able to simulate exam experience, as mock tests are framed as per latest exam syllabus and pattern. So, try to solve at least 2 or three mock tests each day. It will prepare you for each section of the exam.
There are umpteen candidates preparing for the SSC exam. If you are one of them, link with the most respectable institute that offers magnificent Ssc Cpo Coaching in Chandigarh.
These are some of the best tips for candidates preparing for the government exams. Aforementioned tips will help you prepare for every section of the exam properly. If you intend to qualify the government exam with flying colours, follow the above mentioned tips sternly. Also, remain calm and poised while preparing for the exam.