Every year Indian Council for Agricultural Research conducts All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Undergraduate Degree program offered in Indian Agricultural Universities, Colleges and some Indian Council for Agricultural Research deemed University. Students interested in undertaking Agriculture related courses from all over India can participate in the examinations and on clearing the entrance examination can get admission to the following agriculture related courses:
- Stream A: For students who studied Biology or Agriculture in Class 12:
- Bio- Technology
- Home Sciences
- Stream B: For students who cleared their class 12 with mathematics:
- Dairy Technology
- Agriculture Marketing and Co-operation
- Food Sciences
- Agriculture Engineering
In this article we will have a look at some important points related to ICAR Examination and admission process:
- Admission Notification: The notification and the date of examination of ICAR AIEEA UG examination have been declared and as per the notification the exam will be conducted on April 9, 2016. Details related to the start of application process along with complete schedule have not been declared yet.
- Application process: The application process involves filling the application form either online or offline (using OMR application form) and completing the submission. In case of offline application the application form needs to be submitted by post to the address provided in the prospectus.
- Admit Card: All those candidates who completed the application process successfully will be issued admit cards which will be available on the official website of ICAR and can be downloaded by the students by entering their credentials such as Application Number, Mobile number and date of birth.
- Tentatively the admit cards will be available for download in the last week of March 2016.
- Exam Pattern: There will be total 180 questions in the paper i.e. 60 questions from each of Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture or Biology or Mathematics based upon the stream of the candidate.
- Correct answer will fetch 4 marks while incorrect answer will take away 1 mark.
- The question paper will be available in English as well as Hindi.
- Result: After the exam on April 09, 2016 the result of ICAR will be tentatively declared in the month of May 2016 on the official website of ICAR AIEEA UG examination and will also displayed outside ICAR’s Examination Cell in New Delhi.
- Re-evaluation of OMR sheet: ICAR will not accept any request for re-evaluation of the answer sheets but students can get their own OMR sheet and the answer keys by making a request within 15 days of result declaration with a copy of Admit Card, OMR Application form and a Demand Draft of Rs. 500.
- Counseling: The counseling procedure will begin in the month of June as per the schedule that will be declared once the result of ICAR has been declared. Students should report as per the counseling venue as per the counseling schedule along with their original documents for verification purpose.
For details related ICAR and other related examinations, please visit www.MotaChashma.com