Blemishes are small marks on the skin that affects its appearance. Blemishes appear like skin imperfections such as pigmentation marks, dark spots, and acne marks. They are as a result of stress and oil- clogged pores, which may make one get pimples. These blemishes appear as blackheads, whiteheads, scars, age spots, uneven skin tone, and even birthmarks. Birthmarks are the only ones that can’t be gotten rid off. A black head is a small dark spot on the skin, with a black head. They appear due to clogged hair follicles. They can appear on the face, neck, back, chest and arms. These blemishes cause a lot of stress especially among the adolescents because it is at this age that most people develop pimples and acnes that destroy the look on their faces. They feel depressed, and their self-esteem is affected as they consider themselves ugly. In this article, I am going to discuss on how to prevent blemishes and how to get rid of blackheads and the already existing blemishes on your skin.
How to Prevent Blemishes on Your Skin
- If you have small pimples, avoid pricking or picking them as this would make them leave scars.
- Washing your face twice a day to remove dirt and germs and to remove the dead cells that may cause you pimples and acne, which may eventually cause blemishes.
- Avoid touching your face as this spreads bacteria that may cause acnes and later on blemishes.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated as this keeps your skin healthy and helps to avoid blemishes.
- Avoid stressing yourself at all costs; stress can cause pimples and acne that might bring blemishes. Stress does not only brings blemishes, but it can also cause wrinkles while you are still young.
- When going out to the sun, ensure you apply sunscreen or carry an umbrella or find a way of covering yourself from the direct sunlight. When acnes are affected by the sun, they tend to leave scars.
Ways to Getting Rid of Blemish Skin
Tomatoes: Make a paste of tomato juice by blending it. The tomato should be fresh. Apply this on the affected area and let it settle for about an hour and then rinse it off with warm and later with cold water, then pat it dry. You can use this treatment daily for better results. It treats pimples, acnes, and blemishes.
Baking soda and water: Mixing baking soda and water to form a very thick paste helps to get rid of blackheads. You massage it into your skin in a circular motion, rinse it with water and pat dry and make sure you moisturize your face afterward. Baking soda removes anything that may clog pores, which causes blackheads.
Orange Peels: These peels must first be crushed into powder form and mixed with yogurt or even honey to be more effective. They contain calcium that renews skin cells. This mixture should be applied on the skin and left to settle for about 15 minutes and then rinsed with clean water. This procedure should be repeated daily to be more effective. It helps clear blemishes and prevents blackheads.
Aloe Vera: Over the years this plant has been known to cure almost every skin infection. It treats acnes, get rid of blemishes, reduce wrinkles and face line. Extract gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply it on your skin. You can mix this with lemon juice and honey. Apply on the face and neck and rinse after 20 minutes. You can apply this a few times in a week to clear all the blemishes on the face.
Water: Drink lots of water daily. Drink up to 10 glasses of water. Water helps to remove all the toxins, waste, excess sebum and dead skin on the skin that may cause acnes and blemishes. You can also eat fruits and vegetables that have high water content. Wash your face twice a day to remove dirt and open the skin pores.
Lemon juice: To remove all the dark spots, apply fresh lemon juice on your face and your neck and leave if for some minutes then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily or several times a week for better results.
These methods of getting rid of blackheads should now help you to recover your smooth and blemish free skin and restore your confidence back without spending so much. These methods are safe since most of the products are natural and very affordable.