Do you want to connect your iPod to WiFi after Linksys range extender setup? If you nod in yes, then this is the how-to post you need to follow. Here, you will get to know the easiest ways to connect your iPod to the Linksys extender WiFi network. Let’s get started!
What’s in this post?
The easiest method to connect your iPod to the Linksys extender’s WiFi.
Troubleshooting Tips – in case you face any sort of issues while connecting your iPod to the extender.
Let’s take the plunge!
Connecting Your iPod to the Extender’s WiFi Network
- Right off the bat, plug your Linksys extender into a working wall socket that is near to your main router or access point.
- Post that, wait for a short while for your Linksys extender’s power LED to become stable.
- Once the power LED on your Linksys WiFi range extender becomes stable, connect it to your main router using an Ethernet cable. Just in case, the power LED on your Linksys WiFi range extender continues to blink for a long time or you see no LED activity, then restart your device.
- Turn on your iPod and connect it to the extended WiFi network.
- Enter the Linksys extender password and click on Join or Connect.
There you are! Your iPod is now connected to the extended WiFi after Linksys extender setup. To test your internet connection, launch your preferred browser on your iPod and try accessing the Linksys range extender login page. If the extender’s login page loads up quickly, it means your iPod is connected to the new extended WiFi. In case the login page doesn’t appear, scroll down to the next section and find the Linksys extender troubleshooting tips to fix the issue. Continue reading!
Linksys Extender Troubleshooting: iPod Not Connecting to the WiFi
In the event that you face issues while connecting your iPod to the Linksys extender’s WiFi network, walk through a couple of Linksys extender troubleshooting tips highlighted below:
- Ensure to enter the Linksys extender network password correctly.
- Your iPod and your Linksys device must be in reach of each other.
- Make sure to update Linksys extender firmware.
- Restart your iPod.
- Power cycle your Linksys WiFi range extender along with your router.
- Reset Linksys extender and configure it again.
- Relocate your Linksys extender. Chances are your Linksys WiFi extender is receiving signal interference from neighboring WiFi devices. So, to prevent this issue, place your Linksys extender at the center and higher location of your home.
- While visiting the login page, ensure to enter the web address i.e. linksys.com correctly (without typos). It is also suggested to use the browser’s address/ URL bar for entering the web address. On the off chance if you enter the web address in the search bar of the web browser, then it is obvious to encounter the login issues. So, don’t blame your Linksys extender or the iPod regarding this.
- Last but not least! Make sure that you have configured your device properly using the exact Linksys extender setup steps.
You can also use the default Linksys extender IP address for login instead of the web address.
The Final Words
That’s all folks! In this way, you can connect your iPod to the Linksys extender’s WiFi network without any hassle. In the event that you still find connecting your iPod to the WiFi after Linksys extender setup a daunting task, get in touch with our professionals right away via comments.