Are you trying to find ways to improve your website? Wait, first ask yourself, what’s the purpose of your website? If it’s providing your customers with information that is valuable then how good do you think it is performing its work? Who are you targeting? And how many people are actually having access to this service?
Now that you have the answers to the questions, you can read on to find out in what ways these practices can help you improve your web presence. Most of them are cost-effective and some are absolutely free-
- Install Google Analytics. This is an absolutely free tool that is easy to use and can be handled by anyone. You get from it a huge repository of information. Some of the basic information you get are how many people have visited your site, which term they searched for that brought them to your site, for how long they visited the site, were they referred by some other sites etc. To have your domain registered, take help of whois online domain tools.
- Be a writer– Write articles of your choice and submit them to online directories. These directories are managed by certain webmasters. These webmasters like original and creative content. They republish works done by the writers on an everyday basis. If you want to get noticed, write unique and engaging articles that are not only read-worthy but also informative. If it’s an exceptionally good piece, you can get it published in top online article directories. Make sure you have put an author bio at the footer of your article. Also, add the link to your website at the footer itself.
- Blogging— it’s a very good idea to create a blog. Use the blog to showcase new products and services. One of the best ways to make the site a useful source of information is to keep updating it with new information. This becomes very easy with a blog. As time passes by, you will realize that your site has become a favorite destination for people looking for information pertinent to your niche.
- Web 2.0– Web 2.0 makes it possible for you to create pages on any subject of your choice. You can create a page on anything related to your business that you think customers would love knowing about. You can also direct the readers to your website with the help of a link.
- Google local– Google local is a wonderful tool that helps you get a little specific. For example, if someone, preferably your customer looks for you in your local area, you will show up beside a map. And this is something locals have waited for a long time. However, if you want to be listed on google local, you must have a website.
By incorporating these to your website, you make your website more noticeable. You are definitely going to be surprised to see that new customers are finding your website and the old ones are sharing it as an informational source.