E-learning is the buzzword. But what does the market look like behind it and is it a pure corona phenomenon?
An almost unmanageable range: IT skills, business administration, social skills, self-optimization, even dog training. The e-learning business is booming and couldn’t be more diverse.
Even before the outbreak of the global corona pandemic, the global demand for digital learning programs and so-called tutorials was great. Of course, there are many institutional offers from educational institutions, such as universities and adult education institutions. For example, Queensland state in Australia offered free education courses through its online education system called miswebmail. But whether we like it or not, YouTube is the largest informal learning platform in practice. This is a great provocation for educational institutions
Education works differently today
In 2021 the world is changing, not just due to the corona pandemic. The demand for e-learning offers has not only been growing for a few weeks or months but for years now. There is a clear key media change in education too. That means it is a development process. What began thousands of years ago with the development of writing and centuries ago with it continued with the book, now leads us to the leading medium of computers and the Internet. Today, adult education is more self-determined and flexible, and it is becoming more and more popular.
According to a study by the Austrian Economic Development Institute (WIFI) in 2017, three years ago 68 percent of those surveyed said they had never used digital learning content. When asked whether this content would be used now and, in the future, only 12 percent said that they had not used it yet, but intended to do so in the future.
Despite the cautious information from the respondents from 2017 – the market has been growing steadily since then. A study by the research platform Global Market Insight showed that the global e-learning market exceeded a value of 200 billion US dollars in 2019. It is expected that this will continue to grow at an annual growth rate of eight percent. However, this forecast was calculated even before the corona outbreak.
The demand for e-learning offers has naturally increased further due to the lockdown, both in the end-user and in the corporate customer sector.
Wifi has also increased in demand since the lockdown. Even in the summer months, which are usually quieter with WiFi, you can feel an increased demand this year
Naturally, not only personal e-learning and further training recorded a surge, the demand for in-house training and further training, as well as schooling, went up further due to Corona. Customers would also decide on an e-learning program for their company much faster than in the past. E-learning has been integrated into large companies for 10 years. But now it will become the new norm to be able to learn while on the move.
Benefits of E-Learning
E-learning and e-selling are becoming quite popular nowadays, you can easily get a hike in your business through selling on e-commerce sites. Here are some advantages of e-commerce sites are given below:
- No contact interaction and delivery is easy through e-commerce websites. People can contact you and see your brand and products through an online website and then they can select or ask for any query further.
- Nowadays easy to search and explore e-commerce websites are available from where you can easily enroll your store. Websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, Swiggy are wholeheartedly welcoming small or big scale sellers to make an account and get a dashboard to list the products.
- Earlier only non-perishable or non-fragile items were sold through online platforms but now you can deliver perishable or fragile products without any worry. There are many companies who can help you to deliver the products through online websites. Experts are available to handle the fragile products and proper equipment is available for safety. The employees are trained enough to deliver the products to the correct location safely.
- Even if the customer is not available to pick the product on the first day, you can get a chance to avail 3-day attempt for the product and it will reach the location safely.
- All types of transportations like road, railway, and air are there to transfer and deliver the products. It can be chosen as per your budget, time, and need.
- One can track the delivery of products very easily through reference id. You can also check the status through the website.
In this way, different sellers can get their products delivered on time. It can help in expanding the business easily.
But that is not equally effective for all people. Of course, as many pieces of training experts report, learning is always a question of the type and format of the learner.
This means that not everyone can acquire all of the content purely via tutorials and online formats. There are users who cannot teach themselves anything, they need contact persons. Haptic learner types have to attack and play through things, else they opt-out of e-learning It’s always a matter of the content. Social skill training and personality changes also require contact with the trainer and direct exchange.
In the future, face-to-face meetings would be given a new value, you can do a lot more online than most people think.
What all the experts agree on: e-learning has come to stay. But also, that the digital will never completely replace people’s personal teaching skills.