In order to select candidates for Indian Air Force for its Flying, Technical, and Ground Branch, a common admission test is conducted twice a year by Indian Air Force. For the session 2016, the first notification of AFCAT is already out and the last date to make application is December 31, 2015 and the exam will be conducted on February 21, 2016.
Male candidates can apply for both Permanent Commission as well as Short Service Commission while female candidates can apply only for Short Service Commission. The requirement of educational qualification of the candidate depends upon the branch of Air Force the candidate has applied.
In this article, we will discuss in short about AFCAT Examination:
- Eligibility: The eligibility criteria required for a particular candidate depends upon the branch he or she want to join. The general as well as specific eligibility requirements are following:
- General Eligibility Criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate needs to be a citizen of India.
- Marital Status: Only single candidates can apply for AFCAT.
- Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are allowed to be on the inner side of the forearm. Candidates having tattoos at any other part of the body are not eligible for AFCAT.
- Criminal History: Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- For Flying Branch:
- Age: The age of the candidate needs to be between 20 to 24 years as on January 2017.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have completed three year graduation program with at least 60% marks in aggregate. The applicant should have studied Maths & Physics in class 12.
- For Technical Branch:
- Age: The candidate should be between 20 to 27 years.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have a four year degree in Aeronautical Engineering, either in Electronics or Mechanical.
- For Ground Duty Branch:
- Age: The candidate should belong to age-group of 20-26 years.
- Educational qualification:
- For Administration & Logistics: A graduate or post-graduate degree with 60% marks.
- For Accounts: A B.Com degree with 60% marks or a M.Com degree with 50% marks.
- For Education: A PG degree in any subject with at least 50% marks.
- Application Process: The candidates should make online application through the official website of Indian Air Force. The candidate should prepare the following documents in order to complete the online application:
- Matriculation & other educational certificates.
- Scanned photograph and signature having file size 10-50 kb.
- Application Fee: There is no application fee or registration fee in order to participate in AFCAT 2016.
For details of AFCAT and other defense examinations, keep yourself updated by visiting www.Motachashma.com