Srinagar entitled as the ‘Land of Lakes, and Garden’ is a place of tremendous natural scenic beauty located in the far north India and marked as one of the top 10 hill stations in India. The amazing panorama of bracing water, hills and valleys, beautiful sunsets, crispy air and wildlife embrace the minds with joy and relaxation. That is why it is also been cited as “Switzerland of India.” One can still find the Mughal influence in the gardens that were cultured by Mughal Emperors in the historical times.
Srinagar is accessible via daily flights from Delhi, Mumbai and Jammu. Here, the visitors can have the privileged service of inexpensive bus service offered by state bus company from the airport to Tourist Reception Center in Srinagar or can hire a taxi for Rs. 700-800 . Another good option for Srinagar Tour Packages is taking travelling via a bus that may take around 11-12 hours.
Various current programs for travel and transport have been going on like rail project that is expected to finish by 2017 linking Kashmir Valley to other parts of India and Tunnels construction expected to finish by 2016 that would decrease the travel time by about 5 hours from Jammu to Srinagar.
For Foreigners and PIO card holders, they just need to register themselves and fill a form. You can either go for Kashmir Tour packages or Srinagar Tour packages once you have arrived. Choosing a package will ensure you get the most out of your visit. It will also address any safety concerns you may have.
Time to Visit
For different seasons, Kashmir Tours gives you a variety of options to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of this place. Different Srinagar Tour Packages allows different theme for their customers. Like a visit in December through February will enable you to enjoy skiing and snow fall, April to October to adore the beauty of the lakes and gardens, April to June is considered as high season whereas September to October is the best season. Even if you visit in summers, don’t forget to bring your jacket as the weather can turn chilly at night.
- The best place to go for is a houseboat stay. Book your houseboat through Kashmir packages so as to avoid scams.
- One can enjoy the grand celebration of annual Tulip Festival in the first couple weeks of April that allows you to look at billions of tulips blooming in Asia’s biggest garden.
- For religious visitors, they can opt for a trip via helicopter from Katra, which is about 50 km from Jammu to the Vaishno Devi Shrine.
- Moreover, Kashmir Honey Moon packages are great attractions for couples.
Accommodations in Srinagar
You can choose from various options. The luxury hotels include Taj Dal View and Lalit Grand Palace. To enjoy Lake, you can go to boutique Hotel Dar-Es-Salam and Dove Cottage that is a boutique bed and breakfast near Dal Lake. Other hotels list includes Hotel Swiss, Hotel JH Bazaz, and Blooming Dale Hotel Cottages.
- Prepaid connections are blocked in Kashmir for security purposes.
- Restricted alcohol in restaurants.
- Most businesses are closed for prayer on Friday.
- Do reach the airport before time (about 2 hours) because of multiple checking.
- Except laptops and digital camera, hand luggage is not permitted at the time of departure.
- You can find bars in up market hotels.
- Being a Muslim area, be dressed conservatively.
- Avoid visiting Pahalgam due to huge rush of pilgrims going in Amarnath.