Green tea is considered to be the most healthy beverage to consume. And, there’s good reason to believe so. Here are a few reasons why green tea is good to consume.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
1. Help improve brain health – Healthy blood vessels are the key to a healthy brain. And, various studies have shown that consumption of green tea regularly helps improve the thinking power in brains, prevents the formation of plagues that contribute to Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s and delays the deterioration caused due to such diseases.
2. Helps lower cholesterol levels – Green tea has also been observed to reduce the levels of the “low-density lipo-protein” – the bad cholesterol in the human body and raise the levels of “high-density lipo-protein” – the good cholesterol. Regular consumption of green tea helps stop the absorption of bad cholesterol in the digestive tract and also prevents it from oxidation which contributes to heart strokes and attacks.
3. Reduces the levels of blood sugar – The polysaccharides and polyphenols present in green tea help keep blood sugar in normal levels and help people with both Type1 and Type2 diseases.
4 Helps burn fat and reduce weight – Numerous studies have shown that regular intake of green tea helps burn fat, particularly from the abdominal portion of the body. This helps reduce body weight and maintain a flat stomach.
5. Improves oral health – The natural catechins, polyphenols and fluoride present in green tea helps prevent cavities, kill bacteria and maintain oral health. It also helps with bad breath problems, tooth decay and gum problems.
6. Fights aging – Numerous studies have shown that the polyphenols, oligomeric proanthocyanidins and antioxidants present in green tea help slow down agining of the skin and also protect it from free radicals which are harmful for it.
7. Helps reduce hair loss – The presence of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and various other antioxidants help reduce hair fall and balding and promotes new hair growth too. Besides drinking green tea everyday, individuals suffering from hair loss can also wash their hair with freshly prepared green tea that’s been cooled.
8. Helps with high blood pressure problems – Regular consumption of green tea has been observed to repress angiotensin, which is the promoter of high blood pressure levels.
9. Strengthens bones – The presence of natural fluorides and antioxidants helps maintain bone health. It reduces the risk of having osteoporosis fractures and loss of bone density while helping increase the amount of bone building cells.
10. Lowers the risk of cancer – Numerous studies have proven that regular consumption of about 4 cups of green tea can help reduce the risk of contracting different kinds of cancer by significant levels. The cancers that green tea helps with include stomach, lung, bladder, esophageal, pancreatic, colorectal, prostate and breast.
When buying green tea through online shopping in India, ensure that you choose the best green tea brand, so that you have the best quality green tea to savor.
Have experiences about the benefits of green tea to share? Post them in the comments below.