Almost every job seeker have this question in mind that what should be written in resume that not only impress the employers or hiring managers but also give best jobs in Pakistan or all around the word. If you are one of such job seekers and configuring that What should a good resume contain? Than here are some good Resume tips to share with:
- First of all, it is crucial to relate your past experiences and what do you believe you can contribute in the job that you applied. Always emphasize on your past accomplishment which is related to this role. A good resume predicts how good you might perform in the desired future job.
- Impress the employer with “PAR” Statements (problem-action-results); In other words, firstly state the specific problems that you have faced in the work place, then relate what you have done to overcome or resolve them, and finally “identify” the key value and benefits of the act and the beneficial results which you have obtained.
- Backup your quality and strengths. Try to relate your qualities with some real life working experiences will definitely help the employer to understand your strengths better.
- You may omit those job experiences which are not related to the current opportunity from the resume and keep only those which are relevant. This will help to increase your chances of getting the employer’s attention.
- No lies should be included in your resume. Nowadays, most of the Human Resource departments do perform background checking of their candidates, and you might ruin your credibility for life if it is a big lie which has been told.
- Resume should be kept simple and crispy. It should not be too long. Anything more than two pages are considered too long. Remember that the objective is to provide necessary information and not all the information. Keep your resume brief, but strong in terms of illustrating your key strengths and potential.
- Mention who you have worked for or are working for if he/she is someone well-known in the industry. It will add weight for your desired job as this information helps the employer to visualize how important and capable you are in your previous or current working experience.
- Explain the benefits of your skills. You will only catch the attention of the desired employer or their Human Resource personnel who is reviewing these incoming resumes by elaborating how you perceive your skills will benefit the new company. Try to illustrate it with some tangible results or examples. This will greatly improve your chances.
- Always use powerful words and statements to demonstrate or describe your achievements as well as your responsibilities. These points can grab an employer’s attention and elevate your image in front of him or her. The more you specify your positive points, the better. Use powerful words and phrases to control the images that the employers develop about you while reading your resume. Powerful words should match the job profile you are seeking.
- Learn and analyze the key words that employers provide in the advertisements or job descriptions, as this should be the key element in creating powerful and impact oriented resumes.