A well-known skyscraper that we all know about, ‘The Empire State Building’ is located in the midtown Manhattan in one of the world’s largest city-New York. It is considered as an icon American cultural. The building is owned by the Empire State Realty Trust. This is an energy efficient and eco-friendly building, much in keeping with the present times.
Some Facts and History: Empire State Building has 102 floors and goes all the way up to the height of 1250 feet. If the antenna spire is also included, then the building’s height is measured up to 1454 feet. It was the world’s tallest building for over 40 years but that claim is now taken over by the North Tower of World Trade Centre. Today the Empire State Building is the 25th tallest building in the world.
Empire State Building is one of the most photographed and filmed buildings in the world. It has been a part of over 90 movies. It is the key structure of the New York City’s skyline and a must visit for all tourists.
For the thrill of a lifetime, visitors can head straight to the top of the building. You get to see a breath taking panoramic view of the city from the observatory at the 86th floor. The Empire State Building Tickets will give you access to the observatory deck and you can spend up to 2 hours soaking in the sights of the city.
Points To Remember Before Visiting The Building:
- The observatory is on the 86th floor of the building. The way to reach there is through high powered escalators.
- Do not visit the building on the holidays like July 4, Christmas day , New year’s eve or the first day of the year as it gets very crowded.
- The duration for which you are allowed inside is two hours.
- Very sophisticated binoculars will give you a view of the different New York sights from the observatory.
- The ticket once bought is valid for a year
- The last elevator to the observatory is at 1:15 am.
- Peak times are 11am – 1pm and you get long queues.
- There is no locker facility so look after your belongings.
- Do ask for an audio guide once inside.
- Children below 5 years are free and for children between 6-12 and senior citizens above 62 years get reduced ticket prices.
- Each and every visitor passes through a thorough security check. Carrying the following things to the observatory deck is prohibited:
- Dangerous items like weapons are a big no.
- Glass items like bottles.
- Tin cans
- Image Capturing devices
- Sports items like hockey sticks, cricket bats, skates and such
- Markers like spray paints
- Instruments of music
- Luggage and parcels
It is best to book your tickets in advance. You can visit Musement New York website and book you tickets. You can also arrange for wheelchairs through the website, if so be need to get an experience of a lifetime in total comfort.