Whether it is a small ceremony, wedding, or social gathering, the usage of plastic dinnerware has become a popular choice. In summers, we spend most of the time outdoors, which implies having meals outside too! Unfortunately, ceramics are easy to break and expensive, making them a lousy alternative for outdoor dinner settings.
Whereas plastic dinnerware is durable and also comes in dishwasher and microwave-friendly variants. Plasticware is available in so many stunning patterns and styles, plus they come in reasonable price ranges. Plastic plates are even a good option for children, as even if they throw, plastic ware won’t break.
There are many such benefits of plasticware; continue reading to know more.
Lightweight and Durable
Do you always keep an eye on your ceramic or glass dinnerware during gatherings? This is quite a common issue with a simple solution.
While serving food outside, glass can easily break as it is more fragile than plastic. However, if you are organizing a get-together or kitty party, plasticware can easily impress guests without the need for constant monitoring.
Plastic is not only durable but also carries very little weight; this makes transportation cost-effective and straightforward. With plasticware, additional cushioning to protect the product is also not needed. Plus, having plastic containers outside is way more convenient than opting for glass or ceramics. Some plastic dinnerware comes with a lifetime warranty, so find a viable company to enjoy this benefit.
Health and Safety
Glass is fragile and shatters easily; this is why it is a potential threat and creates chaotic situations. The glass shards are health hazards and can harm you and your close ones. While glass shatters, plastic rises as it can deform and get back into its original shape.
Concerns regarding plastic usage are high at all times. Polyethylene terephthalate is the eco-friendly and cleanest type of plastic that is safe to use. Although it does not include bisphenol-A, this chemical is capable of seeping into beverages and food items.
PET plastic containers are proven not to exhibit any chemical into the food item it contains. It won’t have a toll on your health and is safe at all times.
Recycling plastic not only saves our environment but also generates jobs. In addition, when we recycle plastic to make more products, we save on materials. This way, we can reduce energy consumption by 66%. Plus, a ton of plastic we redeem for every recycling is equivalent to 1000 to 2000 gallons.
Manufacturers using recycled plastic in their products gain profit: the more you recycle, the more significant its positive impact. When we recycle plastic, only a few of them get molded as a bottle again. The majority of the time, recycled plastic is used to make automobile parts, pens, clothes, and more. Find a reliable vendor who offers dinnerware from recycled plastic to conserve energy and resources.
Using plastic dinnerware instead of ceramics and glass is indeed cost-effective. Plastic containers do not need high maintenance and last longer than any other material. The savings are also due to long-lasting shelf life. You don’t need to buy them every other month; all you need to do is wash them properly to increase their life and use them unlimited times.
High-quality plastic dinnerware might take up some extra investment, but it is worth having a decent one. The one-time investment seems cost-effective in the long run.
Types of plastics used for different containers
Knowing that the plastic container you use is toxin-free and safe to use is essential. A poor-quality plastic container will do no good but harm your overall health. Every plastic type has different purposes, and to know which plastic to use, here is the list of polymers for plastic.
- Polyethylene Terephthalate- This polymer is employed to make mineral water, fruit juice, cooking oil, and cold drinks bottles. They are clear, tough & have excellent moisture barrier properties.
- High-density polyethylene- This polymer is used for milk jugs, shampoo bottles, bleaching agents, shampoo containers, and more. They are translucent, stiff, and have good barrier properties.
- Polyvinyl chloride- It is used for bubble foil, food foil, and trays for fruits. It has good physical properties, weather ability, and stable electrical properties.
- Low-density polyethylene- Wrapping plastic, high resistant sacks, crushed bottles, and shopping bags. They are strong and have good chemical-resistant properties. They have a good tough, flexible, transparent property. They are also used in manufacturing flexible lids and bottles, also for wire and cable applications.
- Polypropylene- wholesale toys and luggage. It has good chemical resistance, flexible & high melting points.
- Polystyrene- This is the most versatile and right type of plastic for manufacturing toys, refrigerator trays, complex packaging, cosmetic bags, CD cases, vending cups, and costume jewelry. They are rigid, clear brittle & hard.
- BPA, Polycarbonate, and LEXAN- These chemicals are used to harden the plastic and are best for food containers and dinnerware.
Get a Plastic Dinnerware
If it’s your child’s birthday or you are hosting an office party, plastic dinnerware can save the day with style and no shards. However, it is essential to do some research before buying one. Many companies sell low-quality dinnerware that is not safe to use; make sure to check reviews online before making the transaction. Plastics are one of the most versatile materials ever developed by humanity. The material is with us everywhere in solid objects such as films and fabrics, as coatings, and as foams.
Also, try using recyclable plastic to save energy and recycle them when you are done using them.